lunes, 6 de octubre de 2008

MY PRESENTATION

This is the first exercise that our English teacher has asked us, so I will introduce myself.
I was born in Barcelona on May 10th, 1978. My mother and my father were 27 years old when I was born. I have got one brother and one sister. My brother is three years younger than me and my sister is two years younger than my brother.
We always have lived in Barcelona, but now my sister and I live in Sant Vicenç dels Horts.
I moved to Sant Vicenç dels Horts because my husband was from there and when we began to search a house for us his grandfathers offered us their house for an economical price. I had not alternative because the houses in Barcelona were very expensive.
And my sister came here because she is living with a friend of my husband who was from there too.
My mother, my father and my brother continue living in Barcelona, but not together. My parents are separated and my brother is living with his girlfriend in a rent flat.
The younger person in my family is my niece. When my sister was 22 years old, she had a daughter. Her name is Lucia and now she is 3 years old. She has beginning in school this year, but she hadn’t had any problem for going there because she went to nursery the last year.
I’m studying English because I’m working in International Department of a bank and because I think English is very important to travel. In my job I don’t speak English but I writing it a lot. The English that I knew is enough for my job, but I’m interesting to learn more vocabulary and expressions.
I am married for two years. In the honeymoon, we went to New Zealand and Moorea (French Polynesian Island). We were marvelled. These two destinations are very different, but two both offers impressive views.
This Holidays we have travelled to Brussels, Rotterdam and Amsterdam. Brussels is a very important European city. The Grand Place is surrounded by very beautiful and old buildings. Rotterdam is a big and important European port, but the city doesn’t offer special buildings to see. The best visited city for us was Amsterdam. There are a lot of interesting buildings and a lot of canals. The Red Light District is great and I think that there isn’t a place similar around de world.
This next year I think that we won’t go abroad because we are planning to be parents and if I am pregnant I will not be able to travel by air. But that are plans only. I don’t know what the future. I will already tell you if I have news.

1 comentario:

Nuria Vidal dijo...

Have a look at these changes and try to think about the mistakes you made.

-we began to LOOK FOR a house (0) his GRANDPARENTS offered us their house for A VERY REASONABLE price.
-I had NO (MEANING HERE "CAP" O "NINGUNA") alternative
-She has BEGAN (0) school this year
-but she (0) had NO problemS (0) going there because she went to A nursery SCHOOL (0) last year.
- don’t speak English but I WRITE it a lot.
-but I’m INTERESTED to learn
-I'VE BEEN married for two years.
-but (0) both OFFER
-ThESE Holidays we have
-I don’t know what the future WILL BE